Sunday, October 15, 2017

Ernst Stavro Blofeld in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967)

Blofeld is Bond's nemesis in the series. I cannot have a Bond characters tribute without one portrait of Blofeld. Of course, the first portrait would come from from the next Bond movie, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE. Not only was this the first painting that I learned how to paint a dramatically lit face of a big villain. This painting is also the first time I tried to paint an iconic Bond movie set. The volcano lair in the movie was so impressive I knew that I had to paint it sooner or later. This gave me the opportunity to study the set design by Ken Adam, the wizard who designed many iconic sets in the Bond movies. Who doesn't love a fake volcano that opens to a rocket launch pad? Only Bond movies can do that! (8" x 10" acrylic on canvas)